13 Things a Miss Shouldn't Miss in NYC
Even though these last few days many have put a halt on their vacation plans, there are others living the mantra of “If I die, I die”…whether it’s here or in Venice. Whatever your case may be, stay safe. The truth is, eventually you will find yourself researching your next adventure and this is where this guide comes in handy. If you're heading soon to the Big Apple…add these 13 to your list.
1) Lady Mendel’s-Think Real Housewives of NYC meets Her Majesty The Queen. The lunch course can carry a hefty price considering it's tea and sandwiches, but the ambiance, the dessert (the delicious Signature Mille Crêpe from Lady M), the impeccable service and the privilege of drinking tea con el dedito parao’ is worth every penny.
2) Oscar Wilde-Recommended to me by my very hip Mother-In-Law. It can seem very pretentious with its Mid-Century décor but once you step foot into Oscar Wilde, nothing but wild Latin music will accompany a fine whiskey on the rocks.
3) The Aviary- North of $25 you will find a list of drinks that is an experience on its own. With its science lab meets man-cave bar vibe you will go for the view and stay for the drinks…bring your Instagram Stories A-Game.
Photo: Cole Wilson for The New York Times
4) Blank Slate Tea-If you're interested in places solely for that "cute yet so basic" Instagram pic, look no further. This girly Tea-Shop is a great option to get your day started and immerse yourself into trying a different beverage like the lavender mint matcha latte.
5) Bao Haus-If you have been following consistently my stories on Instagram (@sandrysabel) you should know that any trip to NYC is not complete without me visiting this savory haven. Make sure you order a Chairman Bao and Birdhaus Bao with a side of Taro Fries. If you're a beer lover, top it off with some Taiwan Beer. Salud.
6) SeaGlass Carousel-On top of all the cool things that the Battery Park area has to offer, this attraction has a magical sense to it that will make you feel like a kid again!
7) Pier A Harbor House-Great outdoor space restaurant to sit and share a pizza or beers with some friends whilst taking in the breeze from the waterfront.
8) Palette @ Bergdorf Goodman-Mom knows best. I definitely DO NOT KNOW how she finds these places that I haven't even stalked on my Instagram Feed. Posh yet daring with its artwork from Ashley Longshore. A MUST.
9) The Standard-Take a stroll through the High Line and make a beer stop at Meatpacking District’s The Standard.
10) Big Daddy’s Diner-I always like a good ol’dinner and this place just takes you back to the 50’s in a very BIG way. Watch those calories with the milkshake!
11) Cull & Pistol- Hand’s down the best Oyster Happy Hour ($1) place and it’s located at Chelsea Market so you can get away with some shopping as well. Make sure you order oyster shooters and the clam chowder fries.
12) Da Gennaro-Don’t leave without experiencing some Little Italy Charm and have some side street appetizers and drinks.
13) Eataly NYC Flatiron-This place holds seasonal pop-up restaurants in its rooftop and you should stop what you’re doing and go immediately. I had the chance of trying out BAITA, and loved it!
Go on MISS...¡Pásala rico!